Installing Your Murphy Bed
One of the reasons there are not more stores and web sites selling Murphy beds is because of the installation process. With a piece of furniture this big and heavy, it can certainly be a challenge. Especially if there's any customization needed to fit a particular space.
Remember those Christmas mornings of long ago, when your parents spent hours puzzling over instructions on how to put your newly opened gifts together? Imagine doing this with a 7+' tall piece of furniture that could weigh over 200 pounds.
Your Murphy bed experience should be anything but frustrating. So, we deliver, assemble and install it for you at no extra charge if you're within 25 miles of the Nashville metro area. This saves you significant expense in shipping fees associated with buying from a big-box online site.
If you're a bit further out from Nashville, we're happy to work out a small price to deliver, assemble and install your bed. It will always be for far less than it would cost to have it shipped.
The Installation Process
1. We will work with you to schedule a time convenient for you and then we'll call/text you that we are on the way.
2. Even though the bed arrives disassembled, it's still very large and very heavy. Please provide a clear pathway to wherever you're wanting the bed to be installed.
3. Please allow for 1-4 hours for the install. Depending on the type of bed and structural circumstances it can go relatively quickly or require some extra care. This is due to the assembly and proper fitting and attaching the bed to the walls. In rare cases, depending on the size and customization of the bed, it may take a little longer - but this is rarely the case.
4. We invite you to watch the process as we check with you each step of the way to make sure the bed is going exactly where you want it and to your complete satisfaction. We'd love to get to know you.
5. Once the bed is installed, we will give you a tutorial on how to safely open, close and care for your bed.
6. Finally, we'll process your payment on the spot. We accept verified checks, cash and credit cards.
That's it! Your lower back (and your sanity) will have been saved and you'll be ready to enjoy your new bed.
If at any time after the install you have questions or issues, we're always happy to do whatever it takes to make it just right. You may even hear from us as to your satisfaction with the bed and if you have any additional questions or thoughts you'd like to share.
Finally, though the unit is securely attached to the wall for safety reasons, it is possible to move it. We recommend moving it with professional help - due to the size and weight of the unit. We are available to move the bed for you for a minimal fee.